FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
New Balance offer the following services for shipping of orders to a home or office address.
1.1 Standard Option: 3 -5 working days – R80.00
1.2 Free Delivery Option: 3 -5 working days
Orders over R1000 will qualify for free delivery. Standard Delivery Will Apply For Free Deliveries Only
- Deliveries are only done between 09h00 and 17h00 from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- We will only fulfill orders with a physical location within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Free Delivery option will take 3-10 working days during peak promotional periods such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday.
- Returns may take up to 10 working days to be collected during peak promotional periods such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
1.3 Promotional Notice
- Delivery will take place within 3-10 working days during peak promotional periods which is 22 November until the end of December. Whilst we take the utmost care in ensuring that we supply the product ordered, in some instances due to the increased volume of purchases over the peak traffic period of November and December, we may have an instance where the product ordered has been oversold. We will then not be able to supply the product and a full refund will be initiated. We apologize in advance for any oversolds experienced during peak season
- All orders needing to be delivered before the 25th of December need to be made by the 13th of December. If you would like your parcel to arrive by the 24th of December to gift to a loved one, ensure your order is placed no later than 13 December. Please provide the correct address upon checkout to assist us in delivering on time. Ensure that you have given us the correct street number, street name, city, province and postal code. The correct postal code is vital for a successful delivery. Please note that change of address after checkout will delay your order. Therefore, please ensure that you provide the correct delivery address upon checkout.
- Please bear in mind that if you go on holiday during this period, ensure that you have arranged for someone to receive your parcel at the address provided on checkout. If your address provided is a work office or store, please note that places of work end early on 24th and 31st December. Ensure that you can be available at your place of work on these dates from 9am to 5pm. Alternatively, change your address upon checkout to an address where you will be able to receive your order
- Your first delivery notification SMS will be sent only once our courier receives your parcel at the Dawn Wing DC and your second and final SMS will be sent when your parcel is out for delivery on the specified date. Please keep SMS notifications switched on. Should you miss your delivery 3 times, your parcel will be sent back to the warehouse for a full refund.
1.4 Contactless Delivery
- We will send you the driver’s name, photo and license plate number so that you know who is delivering your parcel.
- Check the license plate number that we sent you and confirm it’s the same as the driver’s vehicle.
- The driver will hand sanitise first and then retrieve your parcel for delivery.
- The driver will position it in a suitable place for you and step back 2 meters.
- The driver will request a photo of the premises.
- You do not need to be in the photo if you prefer.
- You will receive a message on your phone so that you can sign for your delivery.
- You are now ready to pick up your parcel.
- Details of vehicle registration, driver and messaging for proof of delivery will not be sent to customers in outlying areas, however, all other protocols will be in place.
1.5 Change of Address
Once an order is placed, we will not be able to facilitate a change of address. The parcel will be delivered to the address provided upon checkout. If there is an error on the original address provided that will delay your delivery, please contact our helpdesk where an agent will try to best assist you.
If you have provided an incorrect address upon checkout, you may contact the helpdesk to redirect your parcel back to our warehouse for a refund. Alternatively, if the courier arrives at the incorrect address, you may reject the parcel and ask the courier to redirect the parcel back to our warehouse for a refund.
Thereafter, please follow the refunds procedure for more information on payment.
Please enter Order Number Code with prefix "T" on the front of your order reference received into the
EG : T100012345
Please insert your tracking or waybill number.
Returns may take up to 10 working days to be collected during peak promotional periods - which is 23 November until the end of December. Once your parcel is collected, kindly refer to the ‘REFUNDS’ section of our FAQs.
Customer Protection Act compliant
3.1 Order Refusal on Delivery
The customer is allowed to inspect the goods on delivery and then refuse the delivery, they will receive a full refund.
3.2 Cooling off period, goods not fit for purpose
We will offer a 30 day returns policy. Please note that goods must be in original condition and packaging. Customer return requests will be cancelled after 30 days if we receive no response from customers when feedback is requested.
3.2.1 Defective Goods
Defective goods will be assessed by our technical department. Kindly note that goods are deemed defective at the discretion of New Balance South Africa.
We do have a 6 month quality guarantee on our products, please note that we will gladly refund the consumer if:
- the consumer has the original order number (so that we can prove purchase)
- the product is within 6 months old from date of purchase
- if it is a manufacturing fault (upon assessment)
- the product has been used for the intended use
- the product has been cared for according to wash/care label
3.3 No Replacements
Please be advised that all return requests are collected by New Balance within 3-10 working days of request. Unfortunately, we do not replace the items you wish to return. If you return an item which was purchased with a discount, we cannot issue the same discount on new purchases after your return has been made. Furthermore, online purchases cannot be returned, exchanged, nor can it be replaced in retail stores.
4.1 We do our best to make sure that the product you ordered meets your expectations. From time to time the incorrect product can be shipped to the incorrect customer.
4.2 Please log a return on the New Balance Returns page with the reason "Incorrect order received". Unfortunately, we are not able to exchange your item for the correct one. If your full order is incorrect, we will issue a full refund including delivery charge if applicable.
4.3 We will issue a refund when the incorrect item has been received at our warehouse. See refunds procedure for more information.
5.1 Once your parcel has been collected from your door, it will take between 3-5 working days for the parcel to arrive at our warehouse.
5.2 Once your return has been received in the warehouse, it will be inspected and booked back into stock which may take up to an additional 3 working days.
5.3 Once booked back into stock it takes an additional 3 working days for the payment to be processed.
5.4 Once paid, your refund will take 3 to 10 working days to reflect in your bank account, depending on your banking institution. Please note that the funds can reflect on the date of purchase.
5.5 Please ensure you check the correct bank statement before assuming non-payment, as it is a common customer query when refund reflects at date of purchase and customers have not been made aware.
5.6 A SMS will be sent to track the status of your return at each of the above mentioned steps. Please ensure that you keep your SMS notifications switched on.
6.1 If your order has been cancelled but payment has gone through to NB, please click here to send our help desk a mail with your proof of purchase. We will be able to ensure that your order is confirmed once proof of payment reflects in our NB bank account.
6.2 Should you wish to cancel your order after a purchase has been made, please click here to send an email to our helpdesk. We will cancel your order if it has not been dispatched from our warehouse. If your order has been shipped from our warehouse, please log a return here once your order has been delivered to your door and follow the returns process outlined in the FAQ’s.
New Balance running shoes range from racing flats to minimal styles to trail running shoes. Designed to meet the unique needs of runners, our variety of styles deliver the cushioning, stability or lightweight feel you need to perform your best. Constantly evolving and ever-changing to improve our running sneakers, New Balance is committed to bringing you fresh, high-performing products every time.
The model or style number is a naming system for our shoes. While most of our "higher-numbered" styles feature more technology than our "lower-numbered" shoes that is not always the case. When deciding on a particular shoe, both the intended use of the shoe and your individual needs should be considered. The full model number, which is broken down into 3 parts, can be located on the underside of the tongue.
The letters before the number designate the gender and the activity for which the shoe was designed, as follows:
MT = Men's Trail
WT = Women's Trail
MO = Men's Outdoor/Multi-sport
WO = Women's Outdoor/Multi-sport
MW = Men's Walking
WW = Women's Walking
MX = Men's Cross-Training
WX = Women's Cross-Training
MC = Men's Tennis
WC = Women's Tennis
KJ = Kid's Running
KV = Kid's Running with hook and loop closure system
KT = Kid's Tennis
KX = Kid's Cross-Training
RC = Racing/Competitive
US = Made in the USA
The last two digits in a running shoe's style number specify the type of shoe as shown below:
50 (Fitness Running): For training on roads or for
indoor workouts, the 50 series offers the combination of visual attitude and innovation with the
responsiveness and power athletes need.
60 (Stability): Designs that offer industry-leading stability to reduce pronation while also providing unparalleled cushioning and comfort (eg, 860).
70 (Light Stability): The perfect combination of stability and speed, all in a lighter, sleek profile designed for runners who train at a faster pace (eg, 770).
80 (Neutral): For high-mileage runners who require light shoes and the protection of superior cushioning (eg, 880, 1080).
90 (Speed): For faster runners who want every advantage, including a superior ride and fit. The choice styles for professional and nonprofessional speed and distance runners
The letters after the numbers generally indicate the major colors of the shoe. For example, WB indicates white and blue and BK indicates black.
A cushioning shoe is made for both those with a neutral walking or running gait and for those who supinate (or roll outward) during their gait. If the wear on your sneakers looks even on both the inside and outside of the heel, you are probably a neutral walker or runner. A cushioning shoe is the best choice for you.
A stability shoe helps with pronation control. These types of shoes are designed with technology to prevent over pronation (or rolling inward during your gait). If the wear on your sneakers is mostly on the inner tread near the ball of the foot, a stability shoe is a good choice for you.
A motion control shoe is one that helps with moderate to severe pronation.. If there is severe wear on your sneakers on the inner tread near the ball of the foot, motion control shoes are an excellent choice for you.
If you need additional assistance choosing the best shoe for your needs, please email us.
A shoe last is a 3-dimensional wooden or plastic mold upon which a shoe is constructed. The last used during shoe assembly can affect the overall fit of a shoe, and all lasts include the following dimensions: heel width, instep height, forefoot width, and toe box depth. Some of our shoes feature a deeper toe box or a wider forefoot, while others might offer a narrower heel. We manufacture shoes using a variety of lasts and offer extensive width sizing to allow for the best overall fit in the shoe industry.
We aim for a 360° fit, while most other companies simply try to fit your length. The vast majority of shoe fit issues can be resolved by changing either the size or width (or both), and the last upon which a shoe is built could also affect fit.
If you are able to go into any shoe store and purchase a shoe right off the shelf, we suggest choosing a standard width (B for women and D for men). If wider or narrower widths suit you better, we certainly have many options for you. To discuss different fit types, please reach out to us via phone or email.
Shoe care instructions
We make our shoes with removable inserts. Sometimes air or moisture can get trapped between the insert and the rest of the shoe and cause a squeak, or the way an orthotic fits can cause friction and therefore noise. A common fix that often works is to sprinkle some baby powder down into the shoe. Squeaking is common if you wear your own orthotics, so try baby powder or even a folded paper towel or dryer sheet, and you should notice an immediate difference. Contact us if you still have trouble.
The suggested cleaning method for New Balance shoes is to use a light bristle brush (old toothbrush) and a light detergent (dish washing or laundry). Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean. You can also immerse them in water. Allow shoes to air dry thoroughly for about twenty-four hours. If purchasing a cleaning product, be sure that it is silicon-based to prevent any possible damage to the footwear. Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended. **Note that if you have suede shoes or leather shoes you would need to use a suede or leather cleaner. Follow the instructions on the brand of cleaner you are using to clean your shoes.
There are a three ways to sign up to our newsletter to receive our updates:
- When you visit our website for the first time, a pop up will appear on your screen inviting you to subscribe to our newsletter. Simply type in your email address and follow the prompts.
- Log into your New Balance account and click on the MY ACCOUNT tab at the top of the page. You will be directed to your Account Dashboard. Edit your newsletter subscription by clicking on ‘Edit’ under ‘Newsletters’, ticking the ‘General Subscription’ box and then clicking on ‘Save’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page and click the ‘Newsletter Sign-up’ link under ‘Stay Connected’. You’ll be redirected to a newsletter signup page, where you’ll need to fill in your details and tick the ‘I would like to receive further communication from New Balance’ checkbox.
Note that in all instances, you’ll be asked to verify your email address via email, so do keep an eye out for a New Balance email inviting you to confirm your address.
Log into your New Balance account and click on the MY ACCOUNT tab at the top of the page. You will be directed to your Account Dashboard. Edit your newsletter subscription by clicking on ‘Edit’ under ‘Newsletters’, ticking the ‘General Subscription’ box and then clicking on ‘Save’.
You’ll receive an email asking you to verify that you wish to unsubscribe from our updates, so do keep an eye out for a New Balance email asking you to confirm a change in your subscription.
Use our Store Locator to find a New Balance store near you!
Thank you for your interest in New Balance! Because of the number of requests we receive and the budgeted resources available, we are unable to sponsor events, teams or individual pursuits.
We wish you the best in your future achievements!